Monday, August 07, 2006

war weary


This is what they must mean about being war weary. When we ring our family in Lebanon up now they just seem so tired and down,I am worried about my mum in law, she has always been a strong woman ( widowed with 6 children when her youngest was 3 months,parents to look after and all that living in just one room-makes you strong!) but now she sounds beaten, like she can't take much more,she is so sad for all the children who have been killed.

I'm in a weird state too but just keep feeling guilty about it as I am safe, I have food and water and freedom to go where I want to. But I'm not enoying those things, we eat because we have to at the moment, don't think we even taste the food, and although we can go anyway we please we don't feel like going anywhere. Part of me wishes that I was there, I miss everyone so much,I wouldn't want my children there, I don't know if I really want to be there but it's so hard not being there,if you see what I mean.

I don't know whats wrong with me, I can't seem to do anything I need to.I have had no income for amonth now as the shop is closed as I should be moving all the stock home and the website is closed whilst I do this.But, I can't get myself to do it,I can't concentrate on anything.I need a good kick up the bum !

Nasser enjoyed the demo, they walked for 5 hours around London. He said it was so moving when everyone threw childrens shoes at Downing Street to symbolise the children who have been killed. After the demo they went to Edgware Road for some Lebanese food and George Galloway walked in. I told Nasser he should have asked him if he wanted a saucer of milk.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Caroline, there's nothing really I could say ... just sending (((hugs))) and (((positive vibes))) to you and your family. I hope that there will be a solution and an end to the war soon! It's so scary to hear about the numbers of people (civilians!) being killed... I hope that your family in Lebanon will stay in safety where they are right now and that the war won't get closer to them.

Kim Sonksen said...

I am truly and genuinly sorry that you are your family have to go through this.

I keep you and your loved one sin my thoughts and I am sure that your customers will totally understand!

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))