Wednesday, August 02, 2006

They made it!

Thank God,our family made it to Beirut safely. I was on pins yesterday knowing that they were travelling,I had to try and look "normal" though as it was Ali's birthday and he had friends around, I spent the day in a kind of daze making about 60 cupcakes for something to do - they all got eaten though so they can't have been that bad!

Hala, Mohammad and kids are staying with Hanna, Hala's sister in Beirut and Leila, Hussain and kids and my mum in law are staying with another relative in Beirut. We spoke to them today and Hala sounded so happy to be out of the south, she is like me and very nervey,I am so glad they are not still there. At least they will be able to sleep at night,they had not slept for 20 days. I am also so glad that they travelled yesterday as today a lot of the roads they used have not been destroyed since then.

I didn't really realise what a state I have be in myself,today now that I know they are out of the immediate danger I have sort of (I can't explain this very well!!)but before I think I was running on adrenalin and now I feel like I've hit a red light and have melted!!!! I just need a good kick up the bum now to get the shop moved home so I can reopen the website and stop paying rent on the shop.Things just stopped since the war started, I simply could not focus on anything else.

3 comments:

Elfin said...

Glad to hear the good news Caroline.

Sue Jones said...

Wonderful News :)

Emma said...

Really pleased you've heard from them and they arrived safely in Beruit