Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Getting back to "normal"

that's what everyone is trying to do now. The spirit of the Lebanese people is amazing , they are already moving the rubble, and finding more bodies,including babies. Hezbollah have told the people that they will pay to rebuild the houses which have been demolished and the rebuilding will start straight away.

I feel such a wuss, everything that these people have been through and they are just getting on with things now, I'm here and can't even get my arse in gear to empty the shop.

All our family members have returned to their homes now and Nasser is looking for a ticket to go to Lebanon himself. He needs to see his family and maybe see of there is anything he can do to help there.

I'm trying to make things seem OK for the kids, they have been through a lot too. Layla made some cupcakes yesterday, she did everything by herself and they were gorgeous. We then went (with some friends) to Sheffield to look in a big Asian clothes store,I ordered a suit to be made,which will be ready in 4 weeks. We then went to Kebabish to eat,one of the girls who came with us is thinking of saying yes to an arranged marriage so she tried a wedding dress on,she looked beautiful, it had loads of hand sewn bead work and was very heavy,it even had a train.It was good value at £575 I thought.

We bought a new car on Sunday, a Mitsubishi Space Wagon,it is a 7 seater and very nice. The kids love it, and if they argue then they can sit on different aisles!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I haven't been able to check your blog for a couple of days (travelled back from France and then back to work, tired!), but I'm so glad things seem to be starting to sort themselves out. Do you believe we'll see peace in our lifetime? True peace? I pray for it, I really do. Take care xx