Thursday, July 20, 2006

There but for the grace of God

It has just hit me today how close we actually were to being thick in the middle of all the fighting.
I have just seen a press release on Sky News advising all British Nationals stuck in Southern Lebanon to stay put, to not leave the house as it is not safe. But to be ready to travel at short notice.
That would havebeen us if the war had happenned 10 days later than it did.
We would have been in Nabatieh,in the South, right where they are killing civillians right now.
I have no idea how they will get to people,as they will be in all different parts and houses.
It hit me yesterday that I might be depressed, just realised that I probably have the symptoms, I can't be bothered to do anything, don't want to eat, am just doing what I have to to get by. But that's nothing to what our family are going through, nothing at all. I don't have a right to be depressed.

3 comments:

lemon said...

hugs hun you know we are all thinking of you and your family

Unknown said...

Thinking of you Caroline xxx

Emma said...

Don't be hard on yourself, you have every right to be depressed, in a few days you and your family's world were turned upside down. From planning a lovely trip to see your family you now worry about them as the bombs fall. It's a lot for anyone to cope with.

(((Hugs)))