Saturday, July 22, 2006

Got thinking


yesterday about last years trip to Lebanon. Because of the shop (one of the reasons I'm closing it- took me away from my family too much) I couldn't go for the full 5 weeks. So Nasser and the kids went and I followed then 2 weeks later.
I missed them so much and it was lovely when we were reunited,we then went on to have a lovely holiday.But what if, what has happenned this year happenned last year when I was still here? That's what I started thinking about last night when I couldn't sleep!

Nasser spoke to his mum this morning,they are so tired, Nabatieh has been bombed a few times.

Did you know that there have been 350 Lebanese civillians killed so far? One third of them are children. Are these the terrorists which Israel say they are targetting?

The above photo shows a row of coffins, 80 people killed in the war in Tyre- Tyre was a lovely seaside resort,we have visited it many times in the past for a paddle in the sea and an ice cream in the roadside cafes. It has now been reduced to rubble. The dead people would under normal circumstances be taken to their homes and buried in cemetries close to them but as these are not normal circumstances and Lebanon is hotter than it is here at the moment they are having to bury them in a mass grave.

No comments: