Sunday, July 23, 2006

Thank you

to everyone who has emailed me ,or left comments here or pm'd me on UKS or the Pad, it means a lot even if I don't reply please know that I have read it.

I watched some Arabic news last night,they show much more than they do here.They were showing you the bodies of the killed civillians and it was heart breaking.These people they are killing are not men you know,themajority are women and most of all children. The cameras then went around Nabatieh and showed the damage there, it was so hard to believe that the places I walked around and shopped at just last year were now just piles of rubble.

I want tomake a little point about the post I made yesterday about what I read on 2Peas. I do not hate Americans you know-some of my best friends are American!! (if only I could say they were gay and black too,then we could be finished with all the stereotypes in one go!!).What got to me was that the posts I read on 2Peas were,I don't know how to explain it! I read one about how this poster had read some information on the casualties of this war (can't remember the figures at that time but you know that there are far more Lebanese civillians being killed to Israelies), well this woman was posting just to say basically that she didn't believe it and where could she find "real" figures!!!! It beggars belief really,doesn't it? She can see the figures but because it doesn't look good they can't be real and she wants to change them!

Then if a fellow US poster on 2Peas dares to disagree with the popular consensus they are told to leave the country!! I have read posts that say if a US citizen has made it to Lebanon then they can find their own way back too!! I don't know,it doesn't fill me with much hope for the future if people think this way now.

Today is the day we should have been travelling to Lebanon.

2 comments:

Emma said...

(((Hugs))) I can't imagine what it is like to see the country you love being systematically destroyed.

My prayers continue for your family and friends in Lebanon for their safety.

domestic goddess said...

oh caroline, i must have missed all this. I hadnt relaised how much this war had been effecting your family. I am so so sorry , and i am thinking of you and your family. Sending prayers to you all
BIG hugs
anna xxxx