Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Heres to a better year

Thinking back to 2006,it has been a rough year for us.
Particularly the summer, it was a horrendous summer when we woke up in July to the news that Israel had bombed Beirut International Airport. We were due to fly out there 9 days later but it soon became apparent that we were not going to be able to go. There began the worst 33 days of my life. Each morning I woke up wondering if that day would be the day we received the news that our family had not made it, it was so bad to live like that, just thinking back now, I don't know how we got through it.Every day was a muddle really,just existing while we were glued to the news channels,watching places we knew and loved being bombed to the ground. We had to try and appear normal for the kids sake, Ali had a school trip to France and his birthday during this time, it was so hard though,so very hard. I think we are still feeling the repercussions now. I know it has changed my outlook on life,nothing seems so important now.

Thank God, all our friends and family are OK,they survived and our house survived,but so many people didn't. I don't know if we will go this year, we are buying a bigger house and will have to see how our finances go,but if we can't afford it,then I will suggest that Nasser goes at least, he needs to see things for himself over there.

I am thankful for my family more than ever now, and I hope 2007 will be a much better year for everyone.

2 comments:

Vanda said...

OMG Caroline, poor you. Great big cyber {{{hugs}}} coming your way. I hope 2007 is much better for you and your family & friends. Vanda xXx

Tina said...

Just found your Blog via UKS, and your thread about scrapping the bad times. Do it! You may not want to share with all and sundry, but it's as much a part of your life as the good times.
Hoping your 2007 is much, much better.