Saturday, September 02, 2006

My Lumpy Bumpy Layla

After a nice break away it makes sense in his bloody awful life I seem to lead now that we have another problem,doesn't it. It seems to be any time I enjoy myself some other shit has to come along to cancel the good out.

Me and Layla were visiting an old couple across the road 2 nights ago when I looked at Layla and noticed a large lump on her neck, where an adams apple would be, it doesn't hurt her and she just thought it was normal!

I took her to the doctors yesterday who said it is her thyroid gland,it could be due to puberty or some other abnormality,told me not to worry as it is 99.9% curable. Then sent us to the hospital for a blood test. Now we are waitingto hear and guess how worried I am :(

I am trying so hard not to google "thyroid in children" as I will only freak out more, but if anyone knows anything about it please let me know.

2 comments:

Sue Jones said...

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
Caroline..hopefully it will be fine.

Jen said...

I tell you, it'll be FINE!! Take it from an ex-endocrine secretary. Let us know what the outcome is hun.