Monday, September 11, 2006

I've been scrapping

Yep,made time to scrap,I had to or I think I would have given it all up for good!!
Took me ages to start though,think I had forgotten how to do it!

We are looking for flights to Beirut and thinking of going during the Christmas holidays. We would catch 3 celebrations then - Christmas, Eid and New Years.I have never been there for Eid before so that will be fantastic,we should feel a festive atmosphere which we never quite get here! I am interested to see what the weather will be like in December,we have only ever been in the height of summer. There is no way it can be colder than here but it will be strange to wear a coat in Lebanon,we are just so used to being mega hot when we are there.I wonder if we will need a heater for the flat?

There are some good people out there you know,I have been thinking about this a lot andthe support I got (or didn't) during the war. I got more support/thoughts from my online friends than I did from my own family. I don't know if thats because they didn't know how to react or because they really didn't care,I don't know. But,it doesn't take long to say "hope you are OK" etc and these messages I got from the Padders and from UKS kept me going when all I wanted to do was hide away.I had some surprising messages and one lovely lady said her son wanted to send us a package of goodies for a child who needed it in Lebanon. We received this parcel and it was lovely,fullof sweets, small games, a toothbrush and toothpaste,soap,pencils etc. It was very thoughtful and we will make sure that it goes to a child who needs it when we get to Lebanon.

It send me thinking though,I would love to collect shoe boxes full of things which a child would appreciate from UK children and take them over there and distribute them to needy children. I just have no idea how to go about it. If anyone has any knowledgs of this I would love you to tell me.

3 comments:

Emma said...

No idea how you would go about it, but if you can figure out how to get them there I'd like to fill a box to send.

Unknown said...

sounds like a great idea Caroline- and glad to hear you are back in the saddle!

Anonymous said...

Caroline - the pastor at work does this through his church. They call it love in a box. I'll email his wife and ask her if she can help you. My children's schools always did this too - maybe give the local primary school a call - I'm sure they'd know.

hugs hon

jk xx