Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A bit of good news at last


Well I haven't blogged personally for a long time as I haven't had anything nice to blog about! We just seem to be going from one bit of bad news to another lately, and I don't want to write about things like that.

Hopefully, if I think more positively good things will happen, well thats the theory anyway!

The news wasn't too good yesterday though, a member of the Lebanese government was assasinated in Beirut which isn't good for the stability of the government or the country. It's not nice having half of your family there and hearing more bad news. I just hope things settle down, we were thinking of going for Christmas but Nas doesn't think its a good idea to travel there right now.

Anyway,my good news. I went to town today and was looking at the mags in Smiths, I picked up The Scrapbook Magazine and put it down again, walked away and then something made me go back.I read on the cover that they had announced the finalists of the Scrapbooker of The Year competition which I had entered again. I was one of the top ten last year. Well, I opened the mag and saw one of my entries there!!! I managed to not scream in the middle of a packed shopping centre!! They have printed 20 finalists entries and the readers have to vote for their favourite. You can vote online here: http://www.practicalpublishing.co.uk/scrapbook/article_162.shtml
So I will be nervously awaiting the results!! They will be printed in next months edition.

Theres a scan of my entry in the mag at the top there.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow!! You didn't KNOW? YOu had to find out in a shop?? LOL Well done and fingers crossed :)